Sunday, May 21, 2006

A little more love


If you voted for W, if you voted for Gore, Kerry, Dean, Nader etc. You should watch Bagdhad ER. It is horrific, but it is real. If those guys can live through it. Than the least we can do is not hide from it and pretend it does not exist. If you can walk away from it and say that what we are doing there is worth it, than I think you are crazy. I predict that we will look back on this war like we do Vietnam. A waste of young lives, period. You can talk about oil, money and politics, though they are the same, but the destruction of lives and minds is senseless, you will never provide me enough information that will change my mind.

For the liberals I have this for you. What are you doing? Aren't you just like the right, you speak big words, march in the street, but the bottom line, what are you doing? What am I doing? I don't know. We should all pause and reflect the madness of what is happening over there. We should pause everyday and consider at that moment a life is being shattered. The war has gone on long enough over there that the numbers don't mean anything to us any more. Oh yeah, today in Iraq more soliders died, blah blah blah. WAKE UP PEOPLE! The madness is the same today as it was three years ago. If kids make it out of Iraq we are sending them home with a head full of damage. This is not my first blog on this issue, I am not hitting it because it is topical, it's not anymore, that is the problem. Only if you have been in the military can you appreciate what is going on over there in any real sense. Watching a documentry, reading the paper, or god forbid, reading a blog about the war is not going to give you any understanding of the magnitude of the madness there. This is a rant, pure and simple. Will not have any effect, pure self indulgence.

Yesterday, I took my kids to see MI3. Outside there were guys protesting the Da Vinci Code. Now, I have not read the book or plan to see the movie. I am just not compelled. Anyway, one of the guys out there is the one who, every week for the past ten years or so parks his truck with 6 foot tall signs of mutilated fetus in front of the Planned Parenthood clinic. There he is cramming his fictional fundamentalism down the throats of iall comers. Even those just driving by. He is not speading Jesus's love, he is spreading hate. I can't see Jesus spewing that much venom. Its not enough to have a different opinion for him, the difference is his is right. It is all I can take to not knock this guy out. He craves attention though, that is what he wants. So to me, he is the Buddha. He is love, and from him I shall learn. I don't know how else to deal with it. So much hate and intolerance scares me and makes me look within for those same things. If I have that in myself, than that is where I shall start the work.

Going into the basement,
with wrenches and hammers,
VJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home