Sunday, February 26, 2006

Mission Accomplished


Well, my legs finally showed up thank god! Amazing concept, a rest day where you actually rest! Anyway, CCCX MTB #2 was good, felt solid almost the whole race. Except for the first five seconds though, where I came out of my pedals and almost skewered my nuts on my handle bars. Once I got going I felt good. Tried to recover from near disaster, and slotted up in the front group. Once we hit the group that started in front of us all hell broke loose. I lost track of who was in my group, and people were passing each other like a Benz passing a Yugo on the autobahn. Kept the HR under control and picked off a few dudes each lap. With one to go I was with two guys, one on a CXer, and another guy we had just caught, he had been spit out of the front group and was hating life. Sucks for him. Anyway I jumped them on a tight section around a lapped rider, got a good gap and could see the next guy just up the road. When I got there it was Mark Able, 45+A crosser super stud. I was stoked just to catch him. We worked together and the guys behind us were long gone. As we came to the finish Mark gave me the front spot cause he is not in the series. Thanks Mark, seriously cool sportsman! The rain held off, I got a medal for fourth! Which is the tin medal or something, but I am not complaining. Afterwards I went to work and am chillin waiting for the shit to break loose. Well, maybe not, would be nice to get a good night sleep. No beer of the Blog cause I am at work. But I am thinking of getting a Duvel when I go home. Belgium ale rocks. Hopefully going to hook up with my homie Toddco this week. Some Sacto hang time. Oh yeah, some chick at the race to day said I had "great legs", that frickin' rocks!! The older you get the more you realize that shit ain't gonna happen forever. Chicks that race are the coolest.

It seems like everyday something happens in Iraq that makes me go WTF! I can't believe that there are still people defending the W. Just when you think that shit hole can't get any worse... You have got to be kidding me. Let us not digress into the realm of negativity my brother. Keeping it real! Had a killer "date" with the old lady last night. Of course that was after I had a shot of Patron (silver of course!) and a pint of Spaten draft, yum. Things got good in a hurry, chips and salsa at my favorite Mex spot. The night only got better. It is amazing how good a live mariachi band sounds after a good meal and a few mood altering beverages. After my crazy ass week, I needed it. That may be my pre race routine from now on since things went so well. I will end on this note,

rain drops now fall
curious cleansing on
the cheeks of the streets

a blade of grass
under the soil
is hopeful for sunlight

so am I.



Dos sopas,

VJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home