Friday, February 03, 2006

The Blog is back and RIP CX 05/06


Okay okay, I know. You start a bitchin blog and you stop cold turkey people freakout and need their VJ fix. Well it is back now. In full affect as Flavor Flav would say. Yo, Yo, what time is it.

Well, let's start with New Year. Suffice to say that I drank more than someone who is at my advanced age should have. Went through a bottle of Patron in one night, and Timberly did not puke or go nature nugget so we obviously didn't drink enough. The beer followed though, and not that cheap shit either. That is why I love my homies, cause you know that they ain't going to pull out the Bud can. It is all about the golden barley and fresh hops, from the best micro brewery. If you are going to kill your liver it should at least taste good while you do it. We also took the Polar Bear Plunge got serious shrinkage at Cayucos, my new favorite town. But that will cure your hang over fast. Never enough time with my home boys. Had a total blast. Peace to the Tarters.

Well the CX form finally hit last weekend at the very last CX race of the year. I keep telling my wife that each weekend is the last so I don't get the wrath. Anyway, ripped around the course felt freaking great, even had to pull it back a bit and bring my teammate Erick around cause he was leading the series, wanted to give him full points, but man I felt great. Next season it is O-N baby. Cross fever, only 9 months to go till cross season. My man cyclocrossboy knows how to live, after the race he went and got some bitchin Belgin White Ale, of course to celebrate CX worlds that day. Also pulled up with some awesome potato wedges dripping with grease and Ketchup. Nice! or as they say Nys. Speaking of that dude, sucks for him, he took a nasty ass crash with one to go at worlds. Check out this clip of the crash

Okay, just watched Murderball, the movie of the dudes who play wheelchair Rugby. Awesome! Dudes are studs, straight up. Check it out. Also check out Da Ali G show on HBO or get it on Netflix, dude is super funny.

Work has been bullistic, not that I am complaining, but it is starting to impact my cycling career. I did take a week easy though. Been stacking up some big rides, hopefully bust out some form at some of the upcoming races.

Went to Coldplay with my daughter, who is 11. Had to answer the question, "Dad what is that funny smell"? Uh....yeah. I think it is incense and stuff. Great show though, they even pimped Apple too, which always scores points in my book. My man Laffitte hooked us up with some sweet ass seats in the lower VIP section. Livin large!! But what a freak show. Serious middle age crisis crowd too, you would think these Nocal geritol freaks never get out of the house. Falling down drunk, hitting the Jamaican sticky chronic like they were Bob Marley himself. Crazy, they say 40 is the new 30. I guess if you are 40 you would say that. Gettin' old sucks. But at least I wasn't a fat ass like those fools at the concert. I keep it tight baby!

I told my man Timberly I wouldn't rip on him, but Toddco would never let me hear the end of it if I went candy ass. Timbo is a hard man to get a hold of. You know, he is super busy, surfing with the Boss, drinking tequila in Mex and shit. Stuff like that keeps a brother busy. Come on man, call your homeboys!! I did not even hear about how the birthday gift went. Yeah, dude went and bought his wife a sweet ass old school VW convertable for her Bday. That is cool and stuff but what the F*&% man! How are the rest of up gonna make it. Come on, next time just get a commuter mug with pictures of the kids on it, put a bow on it, like the rest of us. Damn!

Well, I did take some video of the Coldplay show on my phone, but I have not yet figured ot how to get it onto my computer. Oh well, FYI the new apple stuff is frickin' sweet. Can't wait to get my hands on the new mactel machine. Yeah, I know, I swallowed the red pill. But, if you haven't used macs in a while you don't even know, freak. Love to SoCal, and Kobe going 81, even though they ain't going to make the playoffs.

Ciao,
VJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home