Monday, June 26, 2006

I'm back Jack

Returned from the 10 day family RV trip to northern hinterlands of Kalifornia. Had a blast, car sickness passenger window vomit blasts not withstanding. Got to see some interesting places that looked like great places to ride the bicicletta, Trinity Alps, Mt. Lassen. Redwoods. You would have to be on the look out for the gun toteing Charlie pick em up truck behind you though. I have not been on the bike yet, going on three weeks now, but the knee is ready so today is "Operation CX tighten up". I am starting my CX training today. I am hitting the weights starting to ride nice and slow like. Cool baby, cool. I went down to the hometown, well, near home worktown B'game crit yesterday. My observations on it:

A - Larry Nolan is not human. He is a alien cyborg sent back in time to rip the legs off of the not so innocent and the non - believers and win two races. The dude is timeless. Mad ups to him.
2 - Lothar has gone to the next level. Brother has serious game.
C - I am really glad I never do that race. I live 10 minutes away and have never done that race. Why? Because the 800 rider crash during the pro race was horrific and lots of dudes are not at work today, unless they are of the few that ride for a living, and they aren't showing up either.
4 - That being said, that race is so much fun. I see everyone I know there. Bike friends, work friends. It is awesome. Although I am still not going to do it.


I watched Paradise Now last night. It's about two Palastinian suicide bombers and their mission gets screwed up. Very intense, very interesting perspective. Very timely now that people are killing each other in the "holy land" at record pace again. Check it out.

Nice to see the doper scandal heating up again right before one the best tours in a while. Oh yeah. Mr. Lemond is saying that Mr. Armstrong threatened to kill him. Um, doesn't Lemond have the fastest Tour TT ever? That math is a little screwy. However, I think we will look back on Lemond's comments and say, " wow, he was right". Just a guess. I hate having my favorite sport being dragged through the mud with out being able to come up for air.

On our trip I stopped by North Coast Brewery. Of course. Picked up some wiggidy wicked ale. Brother Thelonious. That stuff will send you into Belgian Abbey Ale heaven. I suggest you go now to get some, if you can find it. Had some of that with my homebay Toddco by the beach bonfire in Mendo. Good times my friends. My favorite vacation memory...... teaching the kids how to play whiffle ball on the beach, and switch hitting a grand salami. I guess I still got it. Well some of it.

Later,
VJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home