Wednesday, December 27, 2006

setting sun


My mother in law took a turn for the worse today. Chances are she won't wake out of the narcotic haze that is keeping her out of excruciating pain. She had surgery today, and there is so much cancer inside, and it is growing so fast that they can't even keep up with it. It seems to be a matter of days, before something fails. This vibrant woman will soon be gone and the effects will ripple across the universe. She will be remembered. I would love to write about cross and all that, because it is life for me. But, this woman who went with me to get the engagement ring for my wife 19 years ago, who has embraced and accepted me, who is not perfect, and has made some wrong turns in her life, loved so openly that the loss will create a void in a land where love lost is impossible to replace. Life, is here, and gone.

Is today the day birdy? And I smile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home