Monday, November 20, 2006

Weary from the weekend

Golden Gate was another epic parcours. Tricky, fast and of course hard. The whole weekend was a blur though. It started with my mother in law going to the hospital friday for an intestinal blockage, saturday going to my daughter's soccer tournament in Morgan Hill and watching two games. Half way throughthe tournament we found out that my mother in law has stage 4 colon cancer.

It is amazing how life stops and starts all at the same time when stuff like that happens. I am at a loss right now. She is one of those people who has an amazing capacity to hand out love like candy on haloween. She is not perfect, but who is? She loves her family with nothing held back. I am sure she will be surronded by love through the whole process. And we are not sure what that means yet. Cross your fingers. Say prayers. Burn incense.

Sunday, I managed to get to GG park for the race. I got a good start went into the first turn in the top ten. Made it past the bottle neck. Felt okay, my bike handling seemed to be going well. I tried to chase people down. I must have been running top 15 about half way through. I saw the flying Scotsman, who had a ripping start that comes with a front row call up. I managed to get to him with half a lap to go. I was following Tim T's wheel. We approached the rooty uphill section. I managed to ride it everytime, but Tim bobbled and put his foot down, so of course I had to as well. From there I had to watch the flying Scot fly away. There was not enough course to bring him back. I had used all my matches getting up to him, but I could not muster the effort to bring Tim back either. Oh well. I felt good, got 12th, again, top ten soon. Had to bail right after to go back down to Morgan Hill to watch the finish of the soccer tournament. Lots of miles under the wheels this weekend.

I am a little numb right now.

14 years ago today three of my family members were murdered.

Rest in peace. I miss you Dad, bro and Jeanie.

Tell someone close you love them and hold them tight,

right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home