Tuesday, October 17, 2006

CX update and all things Cruz


The Surf Sity race on sunday was rocking. I brought the whole famdamily. Which was cool but it added to prerace stress. dealing with potty breaks and all. The good news is that my legs finally showed up, unfortunately my bike did not. Here is a readers D of how the race went.

1 - Bellas + Olaf + Jeff Clark = kick ass race enviro

2 - Broken seat 10 minutes before start sucks

3 - Getting a seat and quick change from my rightous bro Chris D is ass kicking cool! Thanks!

4 - Breaking three chain ring bolts and turning the small ring into a taco sucks!

5- After all that still finished better than last week = cool

6 - Training partner winning 35A race = bitchin'

7 - Felt good, killin it on the run ups

8 - Finishing like I could have gone 3 more laps + cool

9 - Look out next week.

10 - no ten sorry

What a great event, after that I took the family to SC pier. The Cruz always has a stroy to tell. Mine is this. Sitting on the beach with the Mrs. and kids running around having a great time. All is good. Until....... the kids were playing under the pier, all the sudden I see water gushing from underneath it. I go over there, a fire sprinkler head has been broken. Well 2+2=4 which means the little man was playing Curious George again.
Damn. Off in the distance I hear the siren call of in bound fire rigs. Okay, time for little man to pay the piper. I brought him kicking and crying to them to explain what happened and had the captain give him a little sit down. That was fun. Well enough of the lovely Cruz, we've done enough damage for one day.

Yesterday rode with Mr. CX Natwick for a couple hours. That guy just oozes cross, and i was licking it up. Spent most of the day in the attic fixing stuff in the bathroom remodel. (Yes I am still Working on it, it's cross season, what do you expect?) Today I had jury duty. This is some funny stuff, but I save that for another post. Just know that i got picked to be on the jury. HA! Believe it or not I am looking forward to that, shouold be a hoot. Stay tuned.

VJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home