Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Get my sh$t together!

OK, the rust has been officially kicked off. I have had three mediocre races filled with mechanicals and what not. It is time to put the CZ demons behind me and start getting my shit together. I would like to feel good about one race, cause these last two have been all about letting people have a free ride. Not anymore! Time to start kicking some ass! I got my new frame and am in the process of putting that bad boy together, so next week it will be a new bike and a new attitude suckas. Let me just say, that thing is NICE! Stay tuned for pics of the bling.
I got another good start, slotting myself in the top 15, keeping an eye on things. I was keeping the gas pedal to the floor, when the funniest thing started to happen, my seat post was shrinking about 2 cm. each lap. By lap 3 it was a circus bike and I was screaming for a wrench, which I shoved into my skinsuit, where it promptly went down to my chamois. Well that won't last for long. I picked a nice slow place on the course, which was at the top of the run up and went to madly wrenching on the seat post. Got going again only to find that it was about 5cm to high, I could barely reach the pedals! Stop again lower it down, get going only now it is cockeyed. Oh well, that's fine, got to stop the bleeding somehow. Got passed by so many people that I had no idea where I was. All I know is that I rode with Richy Italiano for the last two laps. We traded pulls around the course as I attempted to stay on his technically superior wheel, it was a good push for me. Anyway, on the long stretch of pavement coming to the finish I figure that I should lead it out and try to come off the rocks in front, stomp on the gas, and, hold him off for the last 100m. Everything worked great till about 20m to go, he comes into me with his arm at 35mph and nips me by 1/4 of a wheel. Insult to injury, oh well, he is a good guy. Besides I matched my result from last week at a paltry 24th. Got a good work out though. Next week I will have two bikes and the form is coming, I can feel it oozing from all parts of me....Well the good parts anyway.

That's my boy!



I brought little man to the race, which was a little distracting, but he is pretty good at being self sufficient, in his own 10 old warped perception kind of way. As I rushed out of the house I did not think to pack any food. No problem. Not only did he pack his own cash (from god knows where) but he took it upon himself to go and buy two bags of corn chips and two sodas. Not for us to share but just for him. He also had a gift for me after the race as well. He handed me a box which on the top read, To: Dad - From: Love your son. I opened the box and inside was a Pilarcitos Bay Area Super Prestige beer glass. No tell me how can that not bring a tear to your eye? So the conversation went something like this - "Hey buddy? Where did you get the money for the glass?" "Um, I got it from your wallet" "Cool". Well, the intention was good, got to love that kid! Did I mention that he also helped himself to a redbull? Mom was not to happy about that, but hey, the kid has survival skills, and next time I won't forget to pack a lunch.

TTFN

VJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home