Wednesday, October 11, 2006

MOFO


Well CX season got off in earnest on sunday with the bumpiest course I have ever been on. Lots of babble on how bumpy it was, but hey, get used to it. It's cross people. Expect the unexpected. The same badasses still win and the rest of us suffer like mofos. Same as it ever was. Typical norcal early season cross. You like real cross weather? Real cross courses? When all of you fair weather CXer's have dismantled your precious scandium, dugast laden dirt benzos, my man DG will be putting on the Peak Season races. DG does it right. Sweet courses and who cares about the weather. It seems everyone wants to fold up shop and prepare for the coveted early bird crit anschluss. I can never figure that one out. Besides that fact the crits are a little ho hum for me. So save your medical bills and show up for peak season.

Nice to see all the familiar faces this weekend. The never aging Nobleman killing it on a cheery picking weekend. OV getting off and smiling the whole way. 35 A's was brutal, I got caught behind a crash 50 meters out of the gate then another going into the first barriers, then again just past them at the 180 turn around. Once I got going I felt ok, no power, but ok. I had a great week of training but I was riding a' bloc. Oh well. Going through the velo was fun, Dave G taking care of me with some H2O, Thanks Dave! I have a lot of improvement to make up but I will get there soon enough.

Went out with the champ yesterday, felt a little scratch in my throat nothing major though, yet. We rode through some illegal stuff in an undiclosed location, uh hem. Well we got lost and it turned into a 3 hours CX/MTB/HIKE that seem to go all uphill. I know the training with him will pay off, I am just not sure when, and if my body can put up with it long enough.

After that, the little scratch turned into a full on, can't swallow feel like crap fest. Slept for 10 hours, woke up, felt like crap again. Thought about going for a ride, my body said " I don't know what you thinking about fool, but my ass is going back to bed". So I did. Looks like to day is a day off. Mostly.

I am not sure I can even muster up the energy to comment on the current state of affairs our country is in. Seems like everybody is driving too fast, in to big of a car, to care about anything else. Locked up in there own personal oyster. They just don't realize everyone else is peering in, like its a fish bowl. Seems like such a lonely place sometimes. Thank God for CX!

Props to CP for snapping some quality pics, even though he is getting a papparatzi attitude. Should be O.N. this weekend with all the peeps back from the east side show down. I heard they had 125 starters in the 35A field back there. Damn! Oh well, time for the vege chicken soup.

Late. VJ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home