Monday, September 25, 2006

Kickin ass Takin' scalps


Well it was hard to quell the cross jones yesterday. I had to work, so that is that. The legs still feel flat from the week of pain, but I can feel the form coming. Heard from the champ, he manage to cruise to an easy 35+ win, with the berries boys going 1 -2. Sounds like Hernando is working out the CX bugs as well but no one can say it better than he can so check his blog out. I started my morning of no cross early with a five mile run. This is the first time I have run that far since the accident so I took it real slow like, and tried not to get baited into a alpha male anerobic slug fest. Luckily it was just a nice easy gallop, and a "mornin" to all the fine folks. After that I went to work ,committed to doing deathervals in the afternoon as penenance for not racing. Somehow the afternoon got away from me and my ass was appreciating the chair. Not that I was slacking I just had work to catch up on and my legs were nice and happy not doing anything after that run. Well today is a new day, I am getting ready right now to go face to face with the deathervals. So there!

My worky wingman Hermanito has been in a funk, seems he went on a 26 year old girl who hung herself. Kind of puts it into perspective, very tragic. The first time you see stuff like that it messes with your head, after 22 years of doing it your head is just messed up all the time.

Seems like the time is right for a good wildland fire. We have been chasing down the phantom grass fire all day. The weather and time of year is just right. Besides we are due for another Oakland Hills fire. That one was nasty, still have scars to show for it. Let's hope we make it through.

If you missed the Clinton interview on Fox, that was classic, this is a QT video (you really shuold be using an apple anyway). The Fox people have no soul, and are so weasely and predictable it is pathetic. Okay, I know Willie was not able to control his hormones but I would rather have a horny guy with a soul for a president than a low low IQ having, redneck good ol' boy, monosyllabic primate for one. Whatever. Check it out though. What the hell is waterboarding anyway?


Feed the cross monkey please! DFL wednesday!

VJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home