Sunday, March 19, 2006

To sleep, perchance to dream

So this is being consumned right now in tribute to my epic last lap collapse today. Alas not all is bad though. I made it to the front group of three for the first two laps. Felt okay till the third time up the climb, then I had to cut it back and try to chase back on. Try, being the operative word. No chance. Time for damage control, try to hold onto third. Wrong again. My 15+ hour training week was finally catching up with me. Half a lap to go, another guy catches me, I follow, "okay, just stay with him" sounds good, right? Well, at this point I am seeing Elvis and am all over the road. I hit some sand at a tight turn and go down. Just as well, saves me the humiliation of getting my ass kicked at the line. Anyway, finish up fourth not bad, I guess. I was hoping for a little better, but I went straight to the Wrong Way tent for some free beer to drown the misery. Thanks Bros! Also mad props to the guy that won. He crashed hard on a semi-pavement section. I thought he was done, but he came back a half a lap later and, ended up winning the race. Beers to you buddy! The weather was great though, so you can't bitch about much when you can race, hit some beer and hang out with the biker boys and girls on a bright sunny Cali day.

I can't let this day go by without saying WTF? Three years, and we have nothig to show for the lives of thousands of soldiers, women, children, fathers, mothers, sons, daughters, and so on. Why did we go there? Remind me again, cause I don't recall. Don't get me wrong, I am not a liberal, I am not a con, I am nothing. Except, angry that we have an administration that is all about themselves and hiding behind a cloak of young men and women in combat gear, giving their lives for zero. When they should be enjoying their youth, brinking beer, making out in the back of cars, studying for finals. Having fun. Thank you to them, FUW. I don't want to go too deep down the rabbit hole, so. Oh yeah, my amazing daughter got straight A's on her repot card, with 5 A+'s. Damn, that rocks! She is awesome. Well, don't let the poison oak bite.


Beer for all,
VJ out

3 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Xeno said...

My review of todays blog:
1. beer rules, 'specially that one
2. war sucks, 'specially this one
3. kids rock, 'specially yours

3/20/2006 6:22 PM  
Blogger Velojuice said...

That sums it up very nicely. Thanks Doc.

3/21/2006 8:51 AM  
Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

addendum:

1. beer rules, 'specially after any activity involving 2 wheels n' sweat.

2. war sucks, 'specially for those who have to fight it.

3. kids rock, 'specially when you don't have to clean up their poopy.

- and readin' about it all is just fine.

latah, then.
m

3/22/2006 8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home