Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Hell week



My week of pain has come to an end. Did 4 more hours with "the champ" Kramer and my legs feel like that picture over there, but in a good kind of way. At least I can have guilt free nauchos and beer and chocolate and bagels.... well I did burn 3000 calories on the ride so I am only trying to put some back. The new machine was unbelievable, rode like a dream. Nothing like going from steel to a light weight rocket, of course it rained but I didn't care, let it rain, let it rain!!!!

Hung out with my girl today, she is awesome. Yesterday she came home and said she had her mile run test and that she ran 6:58. Oh yeah she is in 6th grade. I asked her if she was the first girl, she said she was the first finisher! Yeah, Girl power! I was stoked, not only that but she gets straight A's. I don't know how that all happened but I don't think it came from my gene cess pool. But I was a proud papa. So we celebrated with some See's candy. I only ate some cause I had too though. Well I am feeling lucky today. Who know's what tomorrow will bring. Props, to all my peeps out there in bike land, go hard take chances!! Fat Tire Ale here I come.

Sleeping children
make me cry
while I sing the lullaby

Quiet dreams
of what's to pass
into fragile youth that cannot last



coasting for awhile,

VJ

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

nice running there. when i was her age, eons ago, i was lucky to pull a 12min mile...

who am i kidding, i'm still lucky if i can pull a 12min mille...

3/16/2006 8:34 AM  
Blogger Velojuice said...

I am at the point where she is getting faster and I am getting slower......by the minute

3/17/2006 12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home