Friday, March 24, 2006

Just like the Amish

Went for a 4 hours ride that should have been a 3 hour ride. It always seems like the day after I get off of work (48 hours straight) from the fire house, that no matter how much I ride the trainer or rollers, (I have both there) my legs still have that dull cob webby feeling. So I just went with it. It was not raining though so, happy happy joy joy. I have to remember to enjoy the little things. I came across this, seems like EPO for the soul, but it is funny. I guess Dasani should start thinking about it for their new marketing campaign. I may start my own water company and call it "Hose Water" and my slogan could be "just like the old summer days of youth, that refeshing rubbery taste as you lap up another mouthful. Just like mom used to make" Whatever.

I have to bag CCCX #4 and risk losing my coveted 4th place overall to work that day. A 24 hour overtime on sunday is good, easy money.... usually. I gotta pay for the bathroom redo somehow. That means race simulator on the trainer. If anyone has suggestions for making that easy please let me know. At least I can watch OLN at the firehouse on sunday, we don't have cable at my house so cyclysm sunday is a rare treat. No, we are not Amish, but sometimes it seems like it. TV is the opiate of the people or something like that. But, damn I miss Lost and Survivor. With all those blogs I have to read who has time? Wait, I have it. "Blogs, the new opiate of the people!" But it feels so good!!! Anyway. Time to go have deep thoughts with some Fat Tire Ale. Good luck to all racing this weekend. I am dreading my first road race of the season, cause Olaf and the bag boys are in fine form this year, that pain quest may be a few weeks away though.

I am angry
though I cannot scream
the youthful angst I feel
now just a dream

My therapist says
be in that moment, be still
I close my eyes
and promise myself I will


Stay like pizza,
easy and cheesy,

XOXO
VJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home