Thursday, March 23, 2006

Better donut than do not


My nose hairs are still burning from last night. Man, that was a tough one. We had an old timer who has a history of drinkning gallons of vodka a day for the last 20 or so years. Anyway, he was on the floor and had been there for two days. The heater in his house must have been at 85 degrees. Oh yeah, he was not able to get to the bathroom for two days either. That of course didn't stop him from taking mulitple nature breaks. Long story short, it smelled like being inside a bottle of poo filled ammonia (sorry for being a little graphic) and trying to move him and not get any on us was problematic to say the least. He had ammonia burns all over his body and covered in, well ....you know what. With the high gag factor and trying to avoid stepping in land mines we had a tough time. He seemed to be in good spirits though and was actually very chatty. I felt bad for him, and the glimpse of what the aging process has in store for us is always a very awakening moment. The five rememberances always come to mind , it helps from having an level 5 anxiety attack. I also think of my pal "the butcher", he is 70 years old, rides 15,000+ miles a year, rain or shine. Oh yeah, home boy is not slow. I'll put him up against 90% of the riders out there, even ones 50 YEARS YOUNGER! You better bring your A game, cause he can bust out 20 minutes up Old's. No bad, eh? I think of all that and suddenly it is ok to get old again, or should I say born anew.

So, after the call I had a cleansing moment and a very rare midnight donut run.

the yeast also rises,
VJ

1 Comments:

Blogger Velo Bella said...

you had me with the donut pic.

3/23/2006 9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home