Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Why I like cyclingnews


Long time no post. Yeah I know. No time and all that BS. Anyway, I made the homepage of CN! I should have done a print screen and posted it but this one is what I could find to day. Oh well, it was a shot of my backside going over the barriers at BASP#1. A race that was a total disaster. Well at least I got it out of the way. It was cool being on the front of CN one day then P. Bettini was there. That is friggin cool. I wasn't the only one who had a bad BASP. The champ had a meltdown because of a crappy pit set up. Many people had flats and what not. I guess during a whole season of cross you have to expect a bad race or two.....or three.

This weekend I get two call ups, that is sweet. CCCX #3 on sat, and Sac CX on sun. I am looking forward to it. Next BASP though, I am out for blood. Speaking of blood, I got it to some mid-race rumble with Mr. 45+ mid pack dude who thought he was going to give me the Belgie treatment, sorry bro, ain't happening. I am the nicest guy, but you try to run me over and then scream at me like my wife, well, then it is UFC time. Dude came up to me after the race and gave me about two words from his pie hole, then I went Operation CX Overlord on him. Not one of my better moments, I hate negativity, but I had broken my chain earlier on and rode my way through the pack the whole race. Then I come up on this guy and he wants to keep me from passing, which is reasonable enough, except I sat on his wheel for half a lap waiting to find a good place to pass. whatever.... I had Jim "Giro" Gentes on my wheel as well and I didn't want to flounder in front of him. He was cool however. Dude has been around the block a few times and knows how to ride cross.

OV was there riding in the A's, crazy ass mofo, that guy could pound you with one clavicle tied behind his back! Speaking of clavicle, AJM rebroke his, trying to go s over barriers while he was running around the course after he had crushed the A's for the win. To bad.

Went out for Champ camp today, felt like I gave him a challenge today. That does not happen to much so I got to take it where I can. I love this weather, early mud is a good sign. The cross Gods are happy and smiling down on us. Life is good. Now time to go clean the bike.

Peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home